How have we not sold out of this book yet? That’s right — these are signed copies of John Smoltz’s new book. The stack is beginning to dwindle, so grab a copy before they are gone.
Here’s some of my favorite John Smoltz facts:
- Only pitcher in MLB history with 200 wins and 150 saves.
- Second pitcher in MLB history with a 20 win season and a 50 save season.
- One of four pitchers in MLB history to record 3,000 strikeouts with the same team.
- Holds the Atlanta Braves records for most wins in a season, longest winning streak, most saves in a season, most strikeouts in a season, and most strikeouts in a game.
- Pitched 9 scoreless innings of Game 7 of the 1991 World Series but was outdueled by Jack Morris who threw a 10 inning shutout for the World Series victory.
- Considered one of the greatest postseason pitchers of all time, with a 15-4 record and 2.67 ERA.
- Tiger Woods claims Smoltz is the best golfer outside of the PGA Tour he has seen.
- Has 3 postseason stolen bases. No other MLB pitcher in history has more than 1.
- Was All-State in both baseball and basketball. Was not drafted until the 22nd round because teams worried he’d go to Michigan State to play collegiate basketball.
- Once did jumping jacks for nearly an hour in the Braves clubhouse; the Braves began to rally when he started and he was afraid to jinx them.
- Reportedly burned himself attempting iron a shirt he was wearing. Has since disputed the event, but says he goes with it because it’s a good story.
- Since joining the Braves broadcast crew, has told at least one terrible joke per game.